Friday 11 March 2016

Stuff and more stuff with a little bit of honour!

So it's been a while since my last blog and I have been busy, including being on a ministry trip with Bill Johnson to Pennsylvania which was a real privilege to be part of. As well as that I have had school, a visit from a friend from New Zealand, the Prophetic Conference and much, much more. I love my life though!

God has challenged me though to see my time alone as important and precious, just like I see my time with everyone else. I put time in my diary for me but then someone wants to meet or there is an opportunity to do something and my time goes out the window. So, as I write this blog, I am having a day of silence! For those of you who know me, you know this is a challenge! Thankfully, what Papa calls us to he gives us the grace for and so far so good!

This time is about me recognising how important my time is and how much I appreciate having some alone time. I love people and am very intentional in relationship but I do this best when I am intentional with me too! Papa knows this and knows it is difficult to meet with others when you are silent so for today and the next 3 Fridays I will be in silence, just me and God. Blessed indeed!

The ministry trip with Bill was such a blessing though it was a whirlwind trip. We left on Wednesday morning to land in New Jersey late Wednesday night (as it is the east coast there is a 3 hour time difference). We then travelled to our hotel which was also in New Jersey but we ministered for 2 days in Washington Crossing (famous for Washington's crossing of the Delaware in 1776 which was a turning point in the American Revolutionary War) in a beautiful United Methodist Church. We got to spend a few hours in Princeton (the most English looking town here that I have seen, though a real mix of building materials and styles!) before flying home on the Saturday. Busy but such fun.

I prayed for a beautiful older lady who had scoliosis and problems with her lower back. After I had prayed she said that she had felt her spine move and her leg grow. I had not even prayed about her leg! The next morning she came and found me to tell me that she had slept the night before for the first time in many years. Thank you Jesus!

The second day I got to pray for a man who had no sense of smell and he saw no change. However, about 10 minutes later he came back to find me very excited, as he had been going to leave he had realised that the was smelling things. How awesome is our God! Thank you Jesus!

The team I went with were amazing and we had a great time together praying and prophesying and because I am Papa's favourite, we even got some snow! I truly did feel so blessed.

Since my last post I have been thinking with Papa about what it means to honour the men and women in my life and facing up to some of the ways that I have dishonoured them in the past. I have realised that by choosing to dishonour them I have bought into society's view instead of God's view. No more! Now I choose to honour my brothers and sisters as the sons and daughters of God that they are and to see them as God sees them, as his treasure.

My question then, is how do we honour one another as God intended? I don't think I have the answer to this one yet but I have a few ideas and the ones I have challenge my old thinking dramatically! One of the things Papa has said to me is that to honour the men around me I need to honour how he created them and the attribute he chose to demonstrate this with was that they are protectors! This rattled me to begin with as I like to think that I can protect myself, I have worked with some very difficult and violent people in the past and have always been alright.

As Papa began to explain to me though I began to realise that I was not only dishonouring men but also myself when I did not recognise this quality in them. Very humbling! He said that when I allow a man to protect me (whether it be a need for actual protection or him doing something that cares for my wellbeing) then I am allowing him to say that I am worth being protected, I am allowing him to honour the identity as a woman that God has given me. It is not about whether I am capable of protecting myself or not but about the honour I deserve as a daughter of the King. Wow! On the same note, when I allow a man to protect me I am honouring the God given identity he carries as a protector. I love it!

Together, as men and women, we reflect the glory of God and we need to learn how to honestly and fearlessly honour one another in the identities that we have been given. We are good gifts to each other if we choose to be and can encourage and support one another through any trial or circumstance. This is just the beginning of the journey for me but I am committed to travelling this road and learning to honour the men and the women in my life as God intended. Here's looking to the next lesson!

The honour journey is all linked in with my heart to see the end of the sex industry and specifically, at present, to see sex tourism become something that is not considered an okay holiday vacation but more on this as God brings me more clarity on my next steps. For now, I just want to keep the conversation going anyway I can, so if you have thoughts on how we can honour men and women well or on why we should or even why you think it matters, then I would love to hear from you, Please comment below.

Until the next time when I hope to talk a little about our upcoming trip to Azusa Now in LA, so exciting! I am now fully paid up and ready to go, so a big thank you to everyone who has contributed to this. It truly is going to be a life changing event for many.


I hope you enjoyed reading, bless you all.

No comments:

Post a Comment